Before you go on your work experience:
- Register your placement online
- Learn as much as you can about the company where you will be working.
- Listen carefully to the briefings from your co-ordinator.
- Contact the company and find out the following information:
- The location of the company.
- The name of the contact person.
- Any special rules that apply to the company.
- Work out your travel arrangements.
During your work experience
- Dress appropriately for the type of work to be done;
- Always be on time for work;
- Have a positive attitude to the work experience;
- Listen carefully to all the instructions given to you;
- Carry out all tasks to the best of your ability;
- Keep a daily record of attendance, the work you do, the people you meet and any problems you encounter.